[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Source-routed URLs

>From: lazear@gateway.mitre.org
>Could we also discuss why the two constructs for stacking URLs
>need to be different?  Is there an effort to make them the same?
>Is this an area for an IETF working group?

Sources here tell me there are not currently any efforts within the IETF
to standardize any hypertext stuff.  There is a Working Group called URI
(Universal Resource Indentifers), and they are involved in this area.

There are some Internet-Drafts on the subject from this working group.
One of them is on URL's, available via anonymous ftp from:

     ftp.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us:/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-uri-url-07.txt

You may want to direct your question to the chair of the working group:

	Larry Masinter <masinter@parc.xerox.com>

or to the Working group itself:

	uri@bunyip.com

Regards,